Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sooner Fever and Halloween Fun!



Even though we are rapidly approaching Thanksgiving, I realized I have neglected my blog these last few weeks and feel obligated to update it. So here's what's been going on these last couple weeks for Nick and I. On Halloween weekend we went to Norman with our friends Stephen and Jennifer. We drove up after work on Friday and attended Nick's old frat brothers' party. As you can see in the pictures, we dressed up as a German couple...Nick in his lederhosen, I in a dress. We had a blast and it was great to see old friends and meet some new people in the process. Plus the trashcan (or cauldron) punch took me back to my college days.

Jennifer, Stephen, Nick and I

Our friends Erica and John


Jason Bateman, from American Psycho, murdering my husband...I think we've had a little too much trashcan punch...

After we rested up from our long night, on Saturday we spent some time walking around campus. Oklahoma has a beautiful campus and we happened to be there parents weekend so the campus and tailgating were going full swing. This was my first time going to an OU game in Norman, and it was definetly an experience. On campus corner, the streets are packed with fans dressed in crimson and white getting ready to cheer on their team. Plus I got to visit my favorite fast food place in the world....PITA PIT! This is a great, healthy restaurant that makes the best pita sandwiches ever. I also discovered while we were there that they opened a Pita Pit in Denton, so I will inevitably be making a trip there in the near future.



The game started at 8:00, which one of Nick's friends was jokingly calling the "midnight showing" of the Oklahoma game. We played Colorado and by the 4th quarter it was obvious that the Sooners were going to win by a landslide. We headed home and got some much needed rest. All in all, we had a great weekend in Oklahoma.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...