Saturday, September 4, 2010

Fixing up the House

My handyman and adorable husband Nick woke up early this morning and headed to Lowes to pick up a few things we needed for the house. Our doorbell has been broken for the better part of a year and we had finally had enough. So after 30 minutes of hard work, we now have a fully functioning doorbell. I'm so lucky Nick knows how to repair so many things. If it was up to me to do, we either wouldn't have a doorbell or I would have electrocuted myself.

After that, he decided to clean the covers on our florescent kitchen lights. In the process, he accidentally cracked one in half. Being the crazy person that I am, we had to immediately make a second trip to Lowes to get a new light cover. It was driving me crazy to have a broken one, so for the second time we headed to the land of tools to gather supplies. We made it in and out quickly, but I had to put blinders on Nick in the process. He could go through every aisle there and find things he forgot we "needed". I am exactly the same way at a shoe store so I can't blame him.

Then Nick's wonderful family came into town for a visit. I hadn't seen them in a couple months so it was great to get to catch up with his dad, mom and sister Courtnery!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...