Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Decking the Walls with Shades of Fall


The air began to cool, there was a cripsness in the breeze as I decided it was time for a decorating frenzy in the Mauldin house. Up the attic we climbed, and out came the beloved fall decorations. I love this time of year, as the weather finally turns from miserably hot to absolutely beautiful. There is less humidity, cooler temperatures and best of all, the once dying flowers in my front yard get their second wind. So I decorated the house and had my first "I am my mother" moment when I noticed how much I collect fake greenery. I remember moving into my first apartment and my mom telling me that greenery makes every room feel homey. Now as I lay out all my decorations, I see my mother's words of wisdom echoing in each and every corner. Here are some of my favorite decorations starting with my pilgrim turkey at the top. An excellent Hobby Lobby clearance find.

Here is my mantel with my pinecone garland, bought 7 years ago at Target, and my two Hobby Lobby turkey that I got last year and LOVE!

Here the greenery and metal pumpkins (again Target) on my coffee table and breakfast table.


And my dining room decorations.

This is the oldest of all. I got this in college one time when I was home for Thanksgiving on the 80% off Hobby Lobby sale.
I love this time of year!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...