Tonight I was SO thankful to come home to prepared food. I just preheated the oven to 350, sat back and waited until the timer rang! It was blissful...especially after working for almost 12 hour today. Here is the delicious recipe that is one of my freezer favorites!
Yields 2 casseroles=4 servings each
5 pts a serving
- 1 pound uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 cans 98% fat free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 3 cups of cooked cubed chicken
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1/3 sherry or addtional chicken broth
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 3/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups grated low fat Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in Dutch oven or large pot, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender.
- Add the garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in soup, chicken, broth, Italian seasoning, pepper, and 1 cup cheese. Drain the spaghetti and pour into the mixture.
- Transfer into two greased 8 in square baking dishes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and freeze one for up to 3 months. Cover and bake remaining casserole at 350 for 30-40 minutes until heated through and bubbly.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in refrigerator overight. Remove from refrigerator before baking. Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 minutes longer
And as an added Monday bonus, we had an adorable card from my wonderful Aunt Margaret and Uncle Bobby. Actually, the card was from their dog Bubba and he's dressed in a cute Halloween pumpkin costume.
Kobe and Scoutie were very surprised to open the card and find a $15 Petsmart gift card. What a great Halloween treat! They were so thankful to Bubba, Aunt Margaret and Uncle Bobby and can't wait to buy a fresh bag of bones.