Thursday, March 24, 2011

Baby Bump Update


5 Weeks (Right when I found out)

7 Weeks

9 Weeks

10 weeks (It really just looks like I'm more full in the waist, but that's how the bump began)


Then BAM....I'm 13 and a half weeks

Amazing how much it grew in few short weeks. It really does just pop out all of a sudden. I went to the doctor today and everything is looking great. The baby's heartbeat was in the 150's which is right where it should be! I will go back at 17 weeks to do blood work which they can use to screen for genetic disorders and at 21 weeks I'll to do another ultrasound, find out the GENDER, and the doctor will take detailed measurements of the baby. It's MUCH later than I was hoping to find out, but apparently my doctor is adamant about not checking for gender until 20 weeks. I was disappointed at first, but I am going to count my blessings that we have a happy, healthy baby at this point! I can be patient and wait to few extra weeks to know if I'm going to be looking for baby girl or boy outfits, toys and other goodies.

Pregnancy Highlights

How far along: 14 weeks
Total Weight Gain: 2 lbs
Maternity Clothes: Either my bella band with pants or maternity pants which I LOVE. Those feel the best on my waist. My little petite pants can't handle my blossoming belly. I wear a mix of regular and maternity shirts, but most regular shirts fit still but show my bump.
Sleep: I have finally regained my energy, but now I have a hard time falling asleep at night again (this is very common for me in my non-pregnant life). Plus I wake up all the time to go to the bathroom.
Gender: Will find out the week of May 16th (it feels like it's so far away)
Movement: None yet...I can't wait!
Food Craving: Cereal, Milk, gummy candy (I try to resist) and Spinach Quesadillas
What I Miss: Coffee in the morning
Symptoms: Emotional at times, was nauseous but that has gone away almost completely, lower backaches
Best Moment of the Week: Hearing the baby's heartbeat on the Dobbler for the first time. It was the most beautiful sound. Also finding out that I am safe to travel to Hawaii in June with my hubby and our friends, Kristen and Craig. Woohoo!!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...