Thursday, July 14, 2011

Busy on the Nursery and New Baby Pics

Recently Nick and I have been working away on Lexi's nursery. I'm so lucky to have such a handy (and helpful) hubby. After picking out the pink paint for the nursery Nick painted and then installed a beautiful chair rail around the room. We put up a few decorations, a few that were made by friends and family especially for the room. Then we put together the crib and moved the other furniture back into the room. I finished sewing the bottoms of some sheer curtain panels and finished them off with pink bows. We are still waiting for bedding to come in and to make some decisions about what we will do for a changing table. We are debating between using the top of the dresser and getting a seperate piece of furniture. Luckily we have plenty of time to decide.


Before: Nick's Man Cave being destroyed


After: Nursery w/ Chairrail

Adorable letter canvases that match the bedding from Aunt Christine!

My nesting instinct has been kicked into overdrive and I can't stop organizing. I already like organizing the house, but recently it has been driving me crazy if drawers, closets and other various nooks and crannies are not cleaned out. I also love to sit and look at all of Lexi's new little toys and clothes and arrange all the things in her room. And I've been crafting up a storm...my recent project is Lexi's/my scrapbook of my pregnancy. I've been scrapbooking with my friend Donna these past two weeks and am almost caught up to present day. I know this is totally normal for preggo women to want to sort, clean and craft, but it feels a little crazy to want to do it SO BADLY!

Here's a pic of my homemade etsy-inspired artwork.




When I come back from Houston in two weeks, Nick and I will be revisiting the doctor for our 3D ultrasound. Our first attempt this week was unsuccessful because Lexi refused to move her arm away from her head. She was in breech position up under my ribcage and wouldn't cooperate with the sono-tech. I wiggled, rolled on my side and even drank orange juice to get to her move with no luck. She just wanted to block her face and take a nap! She's either going to be a great sleeper or a stubborn little toot. I can't wait to find out!





Here is her hand in 3D (one of the only 3D pics that turned out)


Here is a 2D pic where you can see her eye, nose, chin, arm and body.


This is a not very clear 3D picture of the side of her face, blocked by her little hand.


It's hard to tell, but this is her arm blocking her face. She's sleeping


It's confirmed once again..definitely a girl. This is a pic of her girlie parts.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...