Thursday, July 1, 2010

Skinny Nachos

Today, as I was surfing the web, I came across an excellent website that has delicious looking healthy recipes. Since I am not in school, I find I have a lot more time to cook dinner. Nick affectionately refers to me as "Summer Erin" during this time of the year. He says that in the summer I clean more, cook more and am generally more relaxed and easy going. Anyone who is a teacher can relate to this summer state of tranquility. During the summer I am all for trying out new recipes, even if they take an hour to make. Fortunately, this recipe is one I can add to my year-round rotation, because it is both quick and super tasty! And for anyone who has a husband that isn't a huge fan of healthy food, this is a great recipe to sneak in. These "skinny" nachos are full of flavor!


Skinny Nachos
7 pts for 14 Nachos (this is very filling)
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Calories: 347 • Fat: 9.4 g • Protein: 27.1 g • Carb: 40.6 g • Fiber: 7.1 g

4 oz baked tortilla chips (I used Baked Tostitos Scoops)
8 oz 99% lean turkey breast (I used extra lean ground beef because Nick isn't a fan of ground turkey)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper
1 cup fat free spicy black bean dip
1 1/3 cup reduced fat Mexican cheese like Weight Watchers
2 cups pico de gallo salsa
1/2 cup light sour cream
2/3 cup fresh cilantro
Preheat oven to 425°. Place chips on four oven-proof dishes or one large baking sheet.

Heat a large nonstick sauté pan over high heat. Add turkey. Season with cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper and sauté until cooked through, breaking up meat into small pieces with a wooden spoon. When cooked, add bean dip and mix well.

Spoon the turkey mixture over the chips and sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake until cheese melts, about 6 minutes.

Remove the nachos from the oven, top with pico de gallo, sour cream, cilantro and jalepeños. Serve immediately!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...