Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Streets of London


I love London! We began our tour of Europe with 3 days in London and I couldn't wait to get back. The last time Nick and I came, we were on a layover on our way to Paris, so we only got a chance to spend a days and a half there. This time we went in with a detailed plan of all the sights we wanted to see, Windsor Castle being at the top of my list. I am fascinated with any historic building, but I especially love to see historic homes. There was no doubt in my mind that once I saw my first castle I would be hooked. Nick and I were able to sleep our whole 9 hour flight, so when we arrived in London around 10:30 we were ready to hit the ground running. I think Meagan and Jason were going on straight adrenaline at this point, because neither of them slept much on the flight over. After we checked into our hotel, the Novotel West, we headed for the underground station near our hotel. We took the train to the center of London and down Westminster, taking in many historic sights. I love the hustle and bustle of Trafalgar Square. Everywhere you look there are cars, people, and of course the famous double decker red tourist buses. We stopped a grabbed a London pass, which paid for our entry to many of London's most popular sights as well as our transportation passes.

We walked to the Thames River, where we boarded a river cruise that carried us from the Big Ben and Westminster Abbey, all the way to the Tower of London.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...