Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Summer's Almost Over

After spending 20 days in Europe, I felt ready to come home and begin preparing for the new school year. After 6 years teaching 3rd grade, I have moved to a new position on my campus. I will be the new LEAP teacher, which means that I am in charge of the gifted education program for grades K-5. I am very enthusiatic about this new beginning, but there is a part of me that feels as if I'm a first year teacher all over again.

Here are some pictures of my new classroom. I have so much fun organizing, so even though putting together a new room was a lot of work, I really enjoyed it.
This year I am also in charge of our school's video announcement program. Each morning a group of student act as the anchor, camera crew, and producers of a morning news program. This year we are attempting to use a green screen during filming, so I have been working hard to figure out exactly how to get all the equipment to work properly. If everything works out like it should, it is going to be unbelievable and we will be the first elementary school in our district to do announcements this way. So it's looking like it's going to be a great start to school. I can't wait to see those sweet, smiling faces cross my threshold each day. It truly is a blessing to be a teacher!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...