Monday, November 22, 2010

Cooking and Christmas Cards

After being ill for a week I was so excited to actually feel like a symblance of my regular self. After a day of shopping with the girls, I got into major Christmas card-making mode and geared up to finish making my family Christmas cards. I dug through my craft tubs today and found some stamping supplies and a few cute accessories that I thought I might be able to use. So I began my venture into the world of card making once again. This time I felt like I understood what to do to get myself started, and before I knew it I was cutting paper and stamping myself into a frenzy. I even made a cute little layered pointsetta out of red paper (my favorite creation of the day). At the end of it all I had made 10 cards, though I discarded three because they not up to Erin standard. Here are a few of my latest card designs.




I also had to make dinner in the process of card making. Since Thanksgiving is just a few short days away and we are going out of town to my parents house, I decided to have a "clean out the fridge" meal night. So I cooked a double portion of "baked ziti" adapted to fit the junk in my fridge. I had a get creative with freezing my extra portion because I was out of freezer containers, but out of my creativity, I think a brillant idea was born. And here it is:

1. Line your baking dish with foil.
















2. Fill dish with freezer meal.















3. Fold over foil, then pop the whole dish in the freezer.



4. After a couple hours, take dish out of freezer and remove from dish.















5. Place into baggie, then put it back in the freezer. Label back with recipe name and reheating directions.















Now imagine, when it's time to reheat you just take the baggie out of the freezer and slide it back into your baking dish! Added bonus being that once you are done eating you can throw all the foil in the trash and your dish should still be clean. Plus, I would think that the baggies would be really easy to stack up in your freezer without taking out to much room. So...we'll find out soon if this idea is genius or a total flop.

Pretty good for my first day back after being sick with the ick!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...