Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Craft Night

This Monday we had girls craft night at Stacey's house. On the agenda...homemade Christmas cards. I have never made homemade cards before, but I love crafting so I thought I would be brave and test out the waters. My dear friends, Deanna and Kristen, were also there, so we bought a bunch of 50% off supplies at Hobby Lobby (gotta love their sales), and headed over. In about an hour we were up to our elbows in scrap paper, paper cutters, ink, stamps and brads galore. It was paper craft madness. At the end of the night, after almost 2 hours of work, I had only completed 5 cards, but I was really happy with them. Apparently it helps to have an idea in mind when you get started and are purchasing supplies. Some people made 40 cards in the time I made five. In the end, we had a lot of fun crafting together. Hopefully I'll get a chance to finish a few more to send to a few select people on my Christmas list. Who knows...maybe next year everyone will get a hand crafted card. Here is a couple of the ones I like:



This is the one I couldn't figure out what to do:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...