Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Introducing Baby Lexi


It's a GIRL!!! Nick and I found out Thursday we are having a baby girl. Alexis Taylor Mauldin was doing great during our last ultrasound. All of her measurements were right on track and she made sure to spread her legs during her ultrasound, so the doctor could really see her stuff. In the last few days I have been SUPER busy, so I didn't have a chance to update the blog.

On Wednesday evening, my mom and Nick's mom traveled to Dallas so they could attend the ultrasound appointment with us. I drank a big Coke on the way to the doctor's office Thursday to make sure the baby was extra wiggly. We all headed to the doctor on Thursday and after a LONG wait, we saw our sweet little baby squirming on the screen. The best part, aside from finding out the gender, was that little Lexi had the hiccups. The doctor could tell while she was watching the heartbeat that she was hiccupping but as she put the picture up on the big screen you could see her hopping around every few seconds.

After that we all went to breakfast together, which was so much fun. I got two cute ultrasound gifts. The first, from Nick's mom, was an adorable set of baby girl outfits and the other was a darling pair of bling OU socks from my little sister(Nick really loved those). Nick, his mom and I had to head to work, but my mom stayed in town. At school, I got a sweet baby girl gift from one of my sweet mom's at school and from my friend, Kristen. I wore pink back to school so that all of the teachers and students would know that I was having a girl! After school, my mom and I did a little (OK more than a little) shopping for the baby. We hit some sales at Janie and Jack and Gymboree and picked up tons of precious outfits. Little girls really are so fun to buy for.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...