Tuesday, September 20, 2011

False Alarm

Baby Alexis decided not to make her appearance into the world yesterday.  After a trip to the hospital, I was hooked up to the monitor and was having contractions that measured exactly 3 minutes apart.  I had been having contractions for 15 hours and since these contractions were textbook, starting at 20 minutes and slowly progressing to 3 minutes apart and about a minute each Nick and I were sure this was the real thing.  We were so excited to finally meet our little angel.  Nick even said "Today is my baby's birthday" in the car on the way to the hospital.  He is SO ready for her to be here!
Then the nurse came to check me for dilation.  Low and beyhold, after all those contractions, I was still closed and my cervix was not even effaced.  I would love to know how this is possible, but apparently, my contractions were not strong enough and Lexi is not low enough to help me dilate.  Now I'm praying this doesn't cause problems down the road if I end up having to be induced on September 28th.  They sent me home, still having contractions which continued pretty much for the rest of the day.  My mom went ahead and drove up from Houston, but all the other family, that was waiting anxiously to make the journey to Dallas, got called off.  Finally last night, the contractions stopped (after about 27 hours) and I was able to get some sleep.  Now I have to wait until contractions are so painful I can hardly walk or talk, or for my water to break.  I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday, so I'm hoping that I will be starting to dilate at this point.  Stubborn little Alexis is just too comfy in her cushy little home and doesn't want to make her way out just yet.  Hopefully it will be any time now!

Here's my 39 week update:

Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along are you: 39 Weeks

Total Weight Gained: 29.5 (I have actually lost a few pounds these last 3 weeks)

Maternity Clothes: YUCK!  I can't wait to wear regular clothes again.

Sleep: Not much these last few nights.  It is impossible to get comfortable, but I know that I will be getting even less sleep than this soon so I'm trying to sleep as much as possible.

Gender: A girl. Alexis Taylor will be here any time now!

Movement: She just squirms.  Her feet are up by my ribs so I do get the random kick to my ribcage.

Food Craving:  Not much of an appetite for anything in particular.  I'm still loving Caramel Frappucinos.

What I Miss: Comfortable sleep, being able to beind over to pick up things I drop.

Symptoms: Braxton-Hicks contractions and regular contractions, pressure down low, sore back, pains in my thighs, menstral cramp pain,

Best Moment this Week:  Starting maternity leave and knowing that in just a few days I will finally hold my little girl in my arms for the first time. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...