Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Alexis Taylor Mauldin has arrived

On September 28th, we were blessed with the addition of a beautiful baby girl to our family.  Alexis Taylor Mauldin was born at 8:02 in the morning, weighing 6 pounds 4 ounces and measuring 20 inches long.  She was born via c-section at Medical Center of Lewisville.  I am doing great.  The surgery and recovery process have been easier than I anticipated and I am up and able to do most everything with the baby.  My mom is in town for a few weeks to help out and she helps with housework, driving and carrying the baby's car seat in and out of places.  I can't wait until I can do it myself, but for now I'm grateful for what I am able to do, which is MUCH more than I anticipated!

I can't believe how much JOY I feel when I look at this little girl.  She has captured Nick and I's heart from the instant we looked into her sweet eyes for the first time.  Plus, I don't think I have ever been more in love with my husband than when I watch him with Lexi.  He is such an amazing, natural father and wants to do EVERYTHING he possibly can with her.  He helps with feedings (as much as he can at this point), plays with her, sings to her, rocks her, changes her, dresses her up, as well as helps me around the house with anything I need.  What an amazing man I married!  We were singing her lullabies last night and got to "You Are My Sunshine" on our lullaby CD.  We both got misty eyed and could hardly get the words to the song out, because she truly is our little sunshine!  We can't stop kissing and loving on her and think everything she does is the most amazing thing ever (I think the 500+ pictures we've taken in the first week of life prove that to be true). 

Here are a few "first" photos of Lexi in the hospital. There will be many more to come in the near future.

 Mommy and Lexi during our first cuddle time after surgery


Mimi, Grandpa and Aunt Meagan
Big Yawn!
Look at the shiny heiny.
First Nursery Picture
With Daddy in the nursery
Lexi and Nana
Lexi with Aunt Courtney, Nana and Papa
A family photo...we love this little girl so much!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

So excited that Lexi is here! You look amazing in these pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...