Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sewing Saturday

I have had the sewing itch ever since I spent part of a day last weekend browsing through all the cute handmade items on Etsy. So last night I decided to learn how to embroider names onto fabric. I was also feeling over zealous, and thought I'd try to make a layette gown that I'd found on an adorable website. I came across these on someone's blog and am totally obsessed with them. I think this is partially due to the fact that I went to many stores during Spring Break trying to find these gowns and discovered that they are not easy to come by. One of the girls at school, Sarah, is having a little girl named Avery, so I thought I would try to make a cutesy layette gown for her shower on Tuesday.



Here it is....a much cuter version of the bland cotton varieties they sell in the stores! I have loved using my new sewing/embroidery machine since Christmas. It was the perfect present. I am definetely still an amateur seamstress and am often backtracking to correct mistakes. But each time I make something I feel like it gets a little easier. Hopefully I'll have some more sewing projects to share in the near future.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...