Saturday, June 4, 2011

Showered with Love


This week on Wednesday, we had a shower at my school. My team (and Hillary) put such thought in all the details. It was decorated in pink and black and had a Paris theme Nick and I were engaged in Paris so it's where this all began :). There was a beautiful cake and diaper cake, pictures of Nick and I on the tables, sweet notepads for people to write notes to the baby and I, and a delicious punch. Everything, down to the most minor detail, was so well thought out and beautiful. I couldn't believe all the time and work they put in to making it such a special shower.

Lexi and I got tons of cool gifts and so many things that we REALLY needed. We also have some amazingly crafty people who grace the walls of Donald, so we got a few beautiful handmade gifts as well. Olivia, our music teacher, crocheted a beautiful pink, green and white quilt. My friend and AP Stacey, made Lexi an adorable tutu, two cute onesies and a tab blanket for her to play with. My friend Kristen made this precious OU owl toy (which Nick also LOVED!). And Diana and Patsy, who are no longer at Donald but came to the shower, made precious burb clothes that are embroidered, a bib, a stroller blanket and an adorable apron towel, that I can wear when I'm bathing Lexi. On top of those handmade items we got some awesome loot, like a feeding/bottle supplies, a bathtub and grooming supplies, a Diaper Genie, our baby monitor, a bouncy seat, a cute pink and green polka dot travel/mini diaper bag, a sleep machine, swaddle sets, a bobby, toys, gift cards and more. I also got a basket full of books and a sweet poem about encouraging your child's love of reading inside. I was SO touched by the thoughtfulness of everyone at Donald. I am so blessed to work at such an amazing school!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...